Updating and Maintaining Your Roofing Structure
If you own a commercial building, then you know how important it is to care for every aspect of your space. Whether you accept customers inside or not, you need a structure that is safe and dependable. That comes down to a few areas, the roof being one of them. It’s important to care for your roof and one way to do that is with a coating application. A roof coating for a Dallas, TX property will offer incredible benefits and rewards. To learn more, contact Legends Roofing at 214-321-3293 for more information.
Benefits of a Roof Coating
Is a roof coating any good? That’s a great question and the answer is, yes! Roof coatings are a great option for anyone that wants a durable, longer-lasting, and more efficient roofing structure. There are a number of benefits that commercial property owners can experience with this roofing material.
- Reduced Energy Bills: One of the main advantages of this roofing material is that is will reduce your energy bills. Coatings such as EPDM roofing are often white in color. This allows them to reflect light and heat away from your space, in turn, allowing your HVAC system to operate more efficiently. You’ll see this reflected in your bills a few months after installation.
- Extended Roof Life: Unlike repairs and maintenance services, applying a coating to your roof will actually add several years to its life. That’s right, a quality application of this material can add somewhere between 5 and 15 years to your roof! For many structures, that can almost double the life-expectancy.
- Works Well With Others: Another advantage many may not be aware of is the fact that coatings can essentially be applied over any other roofing material. It can go over bitumen, metal, single-ply membranes, and more. This allows for a significant amount of versatility and range in terms of application.
- Easy Maintenance: There are generally few to no seams once a roof coating application is complete. For you, this means there is often very little maintenance needed. You will need to get up there and sweep or remove debris that piles up, but overall, the required amount of maintenance is nothing compared to other structures.
- Avoid Early Replacement: Because of how efficient and effective coatings ultimately are, you may be able to avoid an early replacement. Most roofs are subject to serious sun and elemental exposure. This puts quite a bit of stress on them resulting in early and expensive replacements. That can often be avoided with a roof coating installation.
Roof coating costs vary from type to type. Some options may be more expensive than others, but on the whole, it’s a relatively inexpensive material to have applied professionally. While it can be tempting to look up how to apply a roof coating on your own, it’s highly recommended that you rely on a professional. They will be able to expertly apply a layer that is the right thickness and consistency. That alone will ensure a structure that is reliable and dependable. For more about coatings and applications, contact Legends Roofing.
Roof Coating vs Replacement
Which is the better option: investing in a roof coating or a complete roof replacement? That will come down to your needs and situation. A roof that is in relatively good condition, with maybe a few minor issues, will generally benefit more from a coating than a replacement. That being said, a roof that is in bad condition and suffering from many issues, will need a replacement. Roof coatings will not fix problems like leaks or damages caused by leaks. More likely they will exacerbate the problem resulting in costlier issues. It’s like turning off the gas line when there is a leak, but not scheduling time for a gas line repair. Without the right repairs, a roof coating will not be effective.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Which roof coating is best?
- It really depends on your needs. Elastomeric coatings tend to be more expensive per square foot, but they provide some of the best coverage and protection. The best bang for your buck, however, tends to be acrylic coatings.
- Does roof coating stop leaks?
- A coating may be able to stop minor leaks, but it is not a complete fix for any problem like that. If there is a leak in your roof, that needs to be fixed or patched prior to a coating application. Otherwise, you risk the chance of the leak getting worse overtime.
- What does roof coating do?
- Roof coatings provide a complete and comprehensive covering of a roofing structure. They are generally white, or light, in color so they also provide a certain amount of light and heat reflection. This will help to make your space more energy efficient.
- How long does roof coating last?
- The longevity will depend on the type of coating you choose as well as the level of maintenance you provide. That in mind, most coatings will last upwards of 15 years or longer. More than that, they’ll add several additional years to your existing roof.
- How much does it cost to coat a roof?
- The total cost is going to vary based on type of coating chosen as well as labor costs, but generally speaking, property owners can spend around $1,000 of a roof coating application.
Connect Now to Schedule an Appointment
Ready to work with the best? Contact Legends Roofing at 214-321-3293 about a roof coating in Dallas, TX today. We look forward to hearing from you.