A Residential Metal Roof You’ll Love
Here in Texas, we know heat. We also know how quickly the weather can change now that we are in storm season. Having a reliable roof on your home can take away quite a bit of stress and worry. You can go the traditional route with asphalt shingles or you can go another direction. Non-traditional options like metal are becoming more and more popular in residential neighborhoods. It is a long-term investment that can provide significant returns in terms of finances and comfort. To learn more about metal roofing in Dallas, TX, reach out to Legends Roofing. We’re available to talk now at 214-321-3293.
Metal Roofing Benefits
For anyone considering a residential metal roof, there are several advantages to consider. Compared to an asphalt shingle roof, there is more protection and longevity associated with a metal roofing structure.
- Durability: Metal is by far one of the most durable roofing materials out there. Options like aluminum are often zinc-coated, making them resistant to corrosion and damage. This roof can last decades longer than an asphalt shingle roof.
- Energy Efficiency: Probably one of the best benefits of a metal roof is the energy efficiency, especially if you have metal roofing with insulation. The metal will reflect heat during the summer months while the insulation will keep it in during the winter months.
- Longevity: Thanks to its durability, metal roofing will last much longer than other roofing options. In fact, when installed correctly, this roof can upwards of 75 years. And during the process of how metal roofing is made, it will actually have a 50 year warranty.
Metal roofing in Dallas, TX can really be a great investment. Before completing a replacement or installation, it may be a good idea to schedule a whole house air filtration. Doing so will help you get an idea if you need to replace the insulation at the same time as your roof installation. Because metal roofing with insulation will not only help with energy efficiency, but it will also help with noise canceling.
Metal Roof Pros and Cons
Ultimately, most homeowners want to know what are the disadvantages of metal roofing? Knowing the benefits can give you quite a bit of insight, but knowing the disadvantages can really help you make the most informed decision. Especially since metal roofing can be an expensive upfront investment.
- Cost: As mentioned, the initial cost for a metal roof can be much more expensive than most homeowners are willing or able to afford. While the cost can vary based on material and square footage, metal is often more expensive than traditional roofing options.
- Noise: One of the biggest concerns about a metal roof installation is the noise. That can be an issue, but only if insulation is not installed with your metal roof. Unfortunately, insulation is something inexperienced roofers may overlook.
- Snow: Since metal is smoother and rarely has texture, like asphalt shingles, snow can more easily slide off of the roof and injure someone below. This is a major concern if you are considering metal roofing in areas that experience snowfall.
- Experience: Probably one of the biggest downfalls of metal roofing is the lack of experience. The reality is very few roofers actually know how to properly install, repair, or maintain this type of roofing structure.
Having a metal roof means there are advantages and disadvantages, just like any other roofing structure. If the pros outweigh the cons for your home, then this type of roof is a great investment! To learn more about metal roofing in Dallas, TX, contact Legends Roofing.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is it cheaper to get a metal roof or shingles?
- Initially, it will be cheaper to get asphalt shingles rather than a metal roof. But in the long run, you have a great chance of seeing more returns with a metal roof installation than with asphalt shingles.
- What is the best metal roof system?
- Generally speaking, one of the best systems for residential metal roofing is the standing seam metal roof. It is structurally durable and reliable. The seams and fasteners are hidden from the elements, allowing it to last longer with minimal maintenance needs.
- How long will a metal roof last?
- Most metal roofing can last upwards of 75 years or longer! And most manufacturing companies will offer 50 year warranties on metal sheets or shingles.
- Are metal roofs more energy efficient?
- Compared to asphalt shingle roofing, yes, metal is more energy efficient. Rather than absorbing heat, a metal roof will reflect and resist retaining heat. In doing so, your HVAC system will be able to operate more efficiently year round.
- Can you have a metal roof without gutters?
- Regardless if you have a metal roof or not, gutters are essential to protecting and preserving the life of your roof. More than that, they are necessary to protect your foundation. It would not be recommended to have a metal roof without gutters.
Schedule an Appointment with Legends Roofing Today!
Have you been considering a metal roof for a while now but you’re still unsure? Chat with a Legends Roofing roofer today about metal roofing in Dallas, TX. We want to work with you to provide you the best roofing you need. Call us at 214-321-3293 to get started.