Are Gutters Necessary?
Gutters are necessary to direct water away from the roofing structure as well as the home itself. Now, not all homes need gutters, but anyone in the DFW area knows how bad storms can get around here. Having a quality and reliable gutter system can be critical. That quality gutter system is there to protect the safety and structure of your home from severe water damage. When you are considering installing gutters in Dallas, TX, rely on Legends Roofing. We are the local roofing company with years of experience. And we have extensive knowledge of gutters with screens. Let us install new gutters for your home or office today. Call us at 214-321-3293 to schedule an appointment.
To Get Gutters or Not
If you are going back and forth between installing gutters or not, it’s important to look at all sides, beginning with the types of gutters available. There are several different options, some better than others. Ultimately it will come down to what you are willing to pay, what will do the best job, and what will look the best with your home. When you want a quality gutter installation for Dallas, TX, contact Legends Roofing. We specialize in gutter installations, including gutters with screens. Whatever your needs are, we’ll go over everything with you, including the types of gutters and what their benefits are.
Types of Gutters
When looking into gutters for your home, there are several styles and materials out there. In terms of style, there are about 4 distinct options that are most considered by homeowners.
- K-Style Profile Gutters: The most popular and most used option for gutters today. These gutters are popular because of their decorative appearance. They are a little more rounded and have a look similar to crown molding.
- Half-Rounded Gutters: Half-rounded gutters offer a unique appearance to homes without being overly flashy. They not only come in a variety of styles, but materials and finishes. This particular option is great for homeowners that want a lot of options when it comes to their gutters.
- Seamless Gutters: Seamless gutters are what they sound like. They look like regular gutters, but there is usually a screen or a cover over a large portion of the gutters. This prevents debris, leaves, and more from clogging the gutters. Additionally, seamless gutters create smooth, even lines along a roof line.
- Fascia Gutters: This option is great for homes that do not have fascia already installed because they do the double-duty acting as gutter and fascia. Fascia gutters create a smooth line along roof lines, like seamless gutters. Though they are not commonly used, they are still considered a good option.
Outside of style, there are many, many options for the material that can be used. Homeowners can choose between options like:
- Steel/Galvanized steel
Any of the material options listed will last a while and can withstand a certain amount of damage. These materials have been used for many years and are popular with both home and business owners. Plus, any of the material options listed can be installed by Legends Roofing.
Benefits of Gutters for Houses
There are many benefits to a quality gutter installation for your Dallas, TX home. Gutters are designed to keep water away from the roof structure as well as the foundation. Gutters work in conjunction with downspouts to direct water away from the building. In doing so, water is not able to collect and cause damage to either the roof material, roof decking, or even the foundation. With them, homeowners can see benefits such as:
- Decreased soil erosion
- Foundation problems reduced
- Water damage is prevented
- Roof decking protected
- Water staining on bricks/masonry prevented
Really, there are many benefits to installing gutters on your home. Gutters help prevent bigger problems from occurring, like having a regular sewer inspection scheduled for your property. There are greater cost-benefits to installing gutters in Dallas, TX than to not have them.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Which type of gutter is best?
- It really depends on your home and where you live. In most cases, aluminum K-style or even seamless gutters are a great investment for homeowners.
- Should gutters be level?
- Yes, gutters should be level front to back. If they are not, they will not effectively direct water away from the roof and home. On the ends, however, gutters do need to be pitched to direct water down and out.
- How much should I pay for seamless gutters?
- It will vary depending on the installation company, but the national average is about $820 for 140 sq feet of seamless gutters.
- Do gutters increase home value?
- They do! Gutters add value because of their design, protecting structural integrity.
- Is standing water normal in gutters?
- No, it is not. Standing water is an indication of clogs and backups in the gutters. When that happens, water is not effectively being directed away from the roof and can lead to damage.
Contact Our Team Today for Gutter Installation Services
When you need fast and easy gutter installation, contact Legends Roofing. We are the leading roofing company in your area. Our team has the skills and knowledge to provide quality service at a low price. Call us today at 214-321-3293 to schedule an appointment to install gutters in Dallas, TX or the surrounding areas.